Monday, October 19, 2009

Stuff to Work On

I've got several things I need to and/or want to work on photographically, figured I should make a list here.

  1. Catch up with all the backlog of photos to be sorted, processed, and posted on Flickr.
  2. Do the suggested problems in Langford's Basic Photography for the chapters I've already read.
  3. Continue reading and working the problems in Langford's Basic Photography. I really need to work on developing my vision and technique, and this is the first of a couple books Scott bought me to do just that.
  4. Try a sandwich-type techinque for my lighthouse photo so that I can get a better exposure for the lighthouse itself with this exposure for the lighthouse light, rocks, and sea, which I really like. I tried doing HDR with this one using Photomatix  but it came out with all the black as extremely bright, noisy pink.
  5. Battery Point Lighthouse
  6. Redo in November, my fall color over the Van Duzen River, which you can see in my October 9, 2009 post.
  7. Oh, checking the date of that blog post reminded me, I'd love to find the little pink mushrooms shown in the same post and redo those! They were found in Grizzly Creek State Park and also in November.
  8. Redo this Oregon coastline photo on a clearer day (good luck finding that!) since we blew it the last time we tried. Need a good, warm sunset light and less haze for this one.

    Oregon Coast


  9.  Redo these trees along the Coastal Trail in Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. This was taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ10 using the in-camera warming feature. Its too noisy and I would prefer to use a warming filter (and my Canon Rebel XTi) next time. I also want to try this with a camera swipe technique and a 10 image overlay technique. I learned both from Tony Sweet and Susan Milestone. This summer in Fresno.                                                          

    Coastal Trail Trees
  10. Redo this photo from Trinidad with a more interesting foreground and barefoot prints in the pristine sand leading toward the camera:

    Trinidad Beach
  11. Redo this fiddlehead photo, this one is blown out and the top of the fiddlehead is cut off:


    Fiddlehead
  12. Redo this Burney State Park talus photo using better technique (focus, dof, exposure), better composition, and a better camera, this is from my Panasonic too, and is also too noisy for my tastes:


    Burney Talus

  13. Find and photograph a really nice looking path in the redwoods, perhaps using HDR. I've seen some photos taken in Sequoia Park in Eureka that show just the path I want. There are also some in the Arcata City Forest
  14. Take photos of flowers through other flowers for interesting colorwashes (Tony Sweet & Susan Milestone).
  15. Take photos of flowers using a telephoto lens (Tony Sweet & Susan Milestone).
  16. Learn to put textural overlays on my photos and use some of the photos I took in Fresno this year for that purpose.
  17. Get some good and interesting hummingbird photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment