Saturday, November 6, 2010

Original Date: 26 November 2005

Velvet Earth Tongue
This is an old post moved over from Livejournal.

I love the name of this fungus. Velvet Earth Tongue. Sounds so cool! These are growing in a pot of rosemary we have on our tiny back patio. That pot is also home to a tiny tree frog as well. Thanksgiving night I was sitting downstairs when I saw movement in the kitchen out of the corner of my eye. There was a tiny frog hopping around. I managed to catch it, then called Scott to help me. The frog was no bigger than the tip of my thumb and was trying to escape from between my fingers. I put him in a jar with some water briefly so we could take a look at him. He was very cute! Then we put him in the rosemary planter. I choose to believe that he is still living there! Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment