Sunday, November 14, 2010

Original Date: 23 February 2006

This is an old post moved over from Livejournal.


Snow on Bald Mountain Road
This is my first attempt at a desaturated photo. I really like it better than the color version. We were driving between Blue Lake and 299's Lord Ellis Summit when we encountered snow flurries. After a bit the snow accumulated enough on the tree branches and road to be pretty. That's when we stopped here on the road to take some photos. I really wanted to practice using the manual settings on my camera, but didn't get it to work the way I wanted. This looks better desaturated since the original was pretty monotone anyway, but with a blueish cast. The sky seems less blown out and the road curves away interestingly. I've cloned out a pole under the tree on the left using gimp (like photoshop, but free!) in addition to desaturating the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment